USBOXLA Sanctioned Tournament
Long Tail Cup
Going into year 4 of this event we are positioned nicely as one of the most attended events this winter. We feature an incredible venue and great box competition with teams all over the US and Canada.Register Here
Going into year 4 of this event we are positioned nicely as one of the must attended events this winter. We feature an incredible venue and great box competition from teams all over the US and Canada.
We have sold out the last 3 years!
January 22-23, 2022
New Bigger Location now with 3 fields: Total Sports Novi East. 41550 Grand River Novi, MI 48375
Schedule: We will use Tourney Machine for our Schedule and it will be available approximately 1 week prior to the event.
Book your Stay to Play hotels here:
Divisions: A, B, and C skill levels are available. Players can play up but never down.
- Boys 5/6
- Boys 7/8
- High School B
- High School A
- New - Girls High School and Grades 7/8
Times: All time's are Eastern Time Zone. See schedule for exact times.
- Saturday Game Times: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Sunday Game Times: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Questions: Contact us to get your team in on the action! [email protected] / 317-804-1721
Fee: $1750 per team
$750 deposit is due upon registration. The remainder is due by 12/1/2021.
Failure to meet the final payment deadline will constitute non-acceptance of the tournament registration and a forfeiture of the tournament spot and deposit fee.
- 4 game guarantee with some teams getting 5.
- 30 second shot clocks
- 2 USBOXLA certified referees per game
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- Cleats are permitted - no metal
- 2 Doors for each bench
- This is a USBOXLA sanctioned event
- Every player and coach must be a member of USBOXLA for insurance and safety. If you do not have a USBOXLA membership you need to go to http://membership.usboxla.com and apply for either a weekend warrior membership for $20.00 or a full annual membership for $45.00.
All games will follow USBOXLA rules with the modifications listed below. We are a USBOXLA Sanctioned tourney.
Rule Book Download: Official-US-Box-Lacrosse-Association-USBOXLA-Rule-and-Situational-Book-2021v3
Here are a list of amendments for this tourney.
- 3 x 12 min running time periods.
- 2 min rest between periods and 2 min to warm up.
- Last minute of the 3rd period is stop time If teams are within 3 goals or less.
- Games cannot end in a tie.
- Game clock starts on the hour whether teams are ready or not. Any team in violation will be given a 2 min delay of game penalty.
- 1 x 30 second timeout per game. Timeouts stop the game time and penalty time.
- If tied after regulation time teams immediately proceed to a USBOXLA Shootout (3 shooters each and home team decides on whether they will shoot first or second). If tied after that, there is a sudden death shootout round in groups of 3 (all rostered players must shoot before any player shoots twice). Championship games will have a 5 min sudden victory followed by a shootout if still tied.