Long Tail Cup
Going into year 5 of this event we are positioned nicely as one of the most attended events this winter.
We feature an incredible 3-field venue and great box competition with teams from all over the US and Canada.Player & Coaches Waivers2023 Teams & Schedule
This is a USBOXLA Sanctioned event. All players and coaches must have current memberships.
Long Tail Cup
When: January 19-21, 2024
Where: Total Sports Novi East. 41550 Grand River Novi, MI 48375
Our Largest Location with 3 fields
♦ Boys & Girls High School Elite
♦ Boys & Girls High School A/B
♦ Boys Grades 7-8 A/B
♦ Boys Grades 5-6 A/B
♦ Boys Grades 3-4
A & B skill levels are available within some divisions. Players/Teams may play up a division but never down. Bearpaw customizes its bracket creation based on placement calls with program directors and reserves the right to move a team’s placement to promote fair play.
Estimated Times: All times are Eastern Time Zone. See schedule for exact times.
– Saturday Times: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM
– Sunday Times: 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Schedule: A full schedule will be available approximately 3-5 days before the event.
Questions: Contact us to get your team in on the action! firstname.lastname@example.org / 317-762-9001
Tourney Fee: $1949 per team
$500 deposit due upon registration / Balance is due November 1st, 2022.
Contact us for multi-team discounts or in confidence for teams that need financial support. Failure to meet the final payment deadline will constitute non-acceptance of the tournament registration and a forfeiture of the tournament spot and deposit fee.
images and text here
We have partnered with TRAVELING TEAMS® to secure discounted room blocks at a variety of tournament-approved hotels close to our venues. This is a Stay to Play event. It is required that all teams traveling to this event reserve their hotel accommodations through TRAVELING TEAMS®. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Click Here To Book Your Hotels
We will follow the USBOXLA rule book with the following changes.
- Goal Sizes = PeeWee Goal Size 4’x4′ and Bantam & HS Goal Size 4’x4’6″
- 3 x 12 min running time periods.
- 2 min rest between periods.
- Last minute of the 3rd period is stop-time if teams are within 2 goals.
- Game clock starts on time whether the teams are ready or not. Any team in violation will be given a 2 min delay of game penalty.
- 1 30-second timeout per game per team. A time-out stops game & penalty time.
- Pool & Bracket Play – If tied after regulation time teams immediately proceed to a USBOXLA Shootout (3 shooters each and the home team decides on whether they will shoot first or second). If tied after that, there is a sudden death shootout round (all rostered players must shoot before any player shoots twice).
- The championship game will play One 5 minute sudden victory over-time. If it is still tied then a shootout will decide the champion.
USBOXLA Rule Book Can be found here: OFFICIAL-USBOXLA-Rule-and-Situational-Book-NO-PRINT
- Points – 2 points for a win. 0 points for a loss
- Head to Head – This breaks ties based on the record (or points, if points are used) against the teams tied with. For example, if 3 teams have the same overall record at 4-2 and all 3 of the teams played each other an equal number of times and one teams record against the other two was 2-0 and another was 1-1 and the other was 0-2. This tie-breaker would order them accordingly. If all three teams had identical 1-1 records, this tie-breaker would not be used.
It should be noted that this tie-breaker is completely ignored if all of the teams tied do not play each other an equal number of times. For example, if there are 3 teams tied and one team played the other two, but the other two did not play each this tie-breaker will be ignored (regardless of the outcome of the two games played by the first team)
- Goals Allowed – The total of a teams opponents score. The smallest total wins the tie-breaker.
- Goals Scored – The total of a team’s score. The higher total wins the tie-breaker.
Max Score Differential Per Game 10
We only used certified Athletic Trainers that are equipped with AED’s.