Going into year 3 of this event we are positioned nicely as one of the must attended events this winter. We feature and incredible venue and great box competition from teams all over the US and Canada.
January 23-24, 2021
Location: Total Sports Complex 10020 S Compass Dr, Rossford, OH 43460
Book your Stay to Play hotels here: https://app.eventconnect.io/events/12726/hotels?nav=hidden
Divisions: Pee Wee Grades 5-6 - Bantam Grades 7-8 - High School B - High School A
Times: All time's are Eastern Time Zone. See schedule for exact times.
- Saturday Game Times: 7:00 AM - 9:30 PM
- Sunday Game Times: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Questions: Contact us to get your team in on the action! [email protected] / 317-804-1721
Fee: $1750 per team
$750 deposit due upon registration. Remainder is due by 12/1/2020.
Failure to meet the final payment deadline will constitute non-acceptance of the tournament registration and a forfeiture of the tournament spot and deposit fee.
- 4 game guarantee with some teams getting 5. Each division will be limited to 8 teams.
- 30 second shot clocks
- 2 USBOXLA certified referees per game
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- Cleats are permitted
- This is a USBOXLA sanctioned event
- Every player and coach must be a member of USBOXLA for insurance and safety. If you do not have a USBOXLA membership you need to go to http://membership.usboxla.com and apply for either a weekend warrior membership for $20.00 or a full annual membership for $45.00.
Measures for 2020/21 Events – Updated 11/20/2020
Unless prohibited by federal, state or local order, Bearpaw is committed to safely running lacrosse events during the summer of 2020. While adhering to all federal, state, and local guidelines, we will attempt to provide opportunities for participation in sport and as safe an environment as possible considering current circumstances.
Athletes, parents, officials, and staff will be responsible for screening themselves for COVID-19 related symptoms prior to attending or participating in any of our events. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, or if you’ve. Had close contact with an individual with confirmed COVID-19, you should stay at home, consult your primary care physician, and follow CDC guidelines for quarantine and isolation.
Please use the following graphic as a guide for self-screening:
Game Day Precautions
Due to Covid 19 here are some of the precautions we will be in place.
- Please limit fans to 1 per player when possible.
- Do not show up if you have recently come into contact with someone that has Covid, you are sick or show symptoms of being sick.
- Everyone should have a mask available. You are not required to wear one while playing.
- If provided Locker rooms are only open to the goalies for our indoor location’s. Please don your gear in the parking lot. When games are done please immediately leave the building and ungear by your car.
- Bring your own water as it will not be provided at the events.
- Bathrooms will be limited to one person at a time.
- Benches. Please maintain social distancing while on the benches. Players may use the bench and sub box to accomplish this.
- Spectators are allowed but they must wear masks, stay in the bench area across from the players and must practice social distancing. Members of the same family may sit together.
- Please have hand sanitizer with you and use it when needed.
- Anyone that does not follow these guidelines will be asked to leave the event.
There are certain segments of the population who are at an increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19 including individuals who are 65 years of age or older, those with heart, lung, kidney, or liver disease, those with diabetes, and those with immunodeficiencies. These individuals should not attend our events.
If You are Sick
If you become ill on the day of the event, please stay at home. If you have had close contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please stay at home. Please view these CDC guidelines on what quarantine and isolation, what they mean, and when you should use them.
- If you are sick on the day of the event (e.g., sneezing, coughing, sniffles, have a fever, or don’t feel well), please do not attend the event.
- Anyone repeatedly sneezing or coughing may be asked to immediately leave the premises.
- Those returning from a country with ongoing COVID-19 infections should monitor their health and follow the instructions from public health officials.
Personal Protective Equipment
- All staff should have PPE such as face masks and gloves.
- All attendees including staff, players, coaches, spectators, and officials must have a face mask with them. Face masks must be worn when in communal settings and when in close proximity to others. All attendees will be responsible for bringing their own facemask.
- We will provide 1 hand sanitizing station per 3 fields.
- This does not include players / officials while playing / officiating a game.
- Players should don their gear in the parking lot before entering the field of play and after the game should immediately leave the area and take your gear off by your car.
Everyday Preventive Actions
All attendees should practice everyday preventive actions – including, but not limited to:
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol) if soap and water are not available
- Abstain from touching their face (mouth, eyes, or nose)
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw tissue in the trash or use the inside of your elbow
- Avoid touching frequently touched surfaces (railings, doorknobs, countertops etc…)
Rossford is a Diamond in the Ruff and has something for the big kids and little ones!
Get your retro on at Reset featuring all your favorite retro arcade games! Enjoy free play while you eat and drink in a trendy bar atmosphere. Take it outdoors for sand volleyball on five courts, corn toss and an outdoor tiki bar. Venture next door to Corks Fine Wine for wine and beer tasting with a creative tapas menu.
The Toledo Zoo – 2 Hippo Way, Toledo, OH 43609
Recognized as one of the nation’s top-ranked zoos. See more than 9,000 animals representing 700-plus exotic species from around the world.
Hollywood Casino – 777 Hollywood Blvd., Toledo, OH 43605
Hollywood Casino is a smoke-free facility that offers valet parking, big-time games, incredible restaurants, “A+” customer service and fabulous promotions. With 125,000 square feet of thrilling casino action, you’ll never run out of ways to play at Hollywood. Get that winning feeling with more than 2,000 of the hottest slots around.
Toledo Museum of Art – 2445 Monroe Street, Toledo, OH 43620
Founded in 1901, the Toledo Museum of Art has earned a global reputation for the quality of our collection, our innovative and extensive education programs, and our architecturally significant campus. More than 30,000 works of art represent American and European painting, the history of art in glass, ancient Greek, Roman, and Egyptian works, Asian and African art, medieval art, sculpture, decorative arts, graphic arts, and modern and contemporary art.
Interstate Lanes – 819 Lime City Road, Rossford, OH 43460
Our modern bowling center has kid friendly bumper bowling lanes & plenty of lightweight bowling balls and small shoes. Whether you’re looking just to bowl a couple games by yourself, an outing with friends and family or you want to join a bowling league, Interstate Lanes is the place to be.
Imagination Station – 1 Discovery Way, Toledo, OH 43460
Imagination Station, Toledo’s Science Center, is dedicated to making science, technology, engineering and mathematics fun and accessible. There are hundreds of interactive, hands-on exhibits that are fun and educational for the entire family. Whether you only have an hour or you have all day, there is plenty to see and do at Imagination Station. Come join us and explore everything that Imagination Station has to offer!
All games will follow USBOXLA rules with the modifications listed below. We are a USBOXLA Sanctioned tourney.
Rule Book Download: Official-US-Box-Lacrosse-Association-USBOXLA-Rule-and-Situational-Book-2021v3
Here are a list of amendments for this tourney.
- 3 x 12 min running time periods.
- 2 min rest between periods and 2 min to warm up.
- Last minute of the 3rd period is stop time If teams are within 3 goals or less.
- Games cannot end in a tie.
- Game clock starts on the hour whether teams are ready or not. Any team in violation will be given a 2 min delay of game penalty.
- 1 x 30 second timeout per game. Timeouts stop the game time and penalty time.
- If tied after regulation time teams immediately proceed to a USBOXLA Shootout (3 shooters each and home team decides on whether they will shoot first or second). If tied after that, there is a sudden death shootout round in groups of 3 (all rostered players must shoot before any player shoots twice). Championship games will have a 5 min sudden victory followed by a shootout if still tied.