Border Wars: January 2-3, 2021 (Register)
Location: Historic Ellenberger Ice Rink located at 5301 East St Clair Street, Indianapolis, IN 46219
Please book your hotels here: https://app.eventconnect.io/events/12725/hotels?nav=hidden
Division: Senior A/B
Approximate Game Times:
Saturday - 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sunday - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Eastern Time Zone. Doors open 1 hr prior to start times.
- Fee: $1200 per team with a $500 deposit due upon registration
- 4 game guarantee with some teams getting 5
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- Sport court playing surface
- Boards all around - no opening behind goals
- NEW! World Lacrosse Rules (formerly FIL). See Rules tab with minor amendments.
Past Teams & Results
2020 Champion - Cincinnati
Runner Up - Cleveland Daemons
Offensive MVP -
Defensive MVP -
2019 Champions - Cincinnati
Runner Up - Kenards
Offensive MVP -
Defensive MVP - Dustin Gregory (G) / Cincinnati
2018 Champion - Cincinnati
Offensive MVP - Andrew Newbold / Cincinnati
Defensive MVP - Sean Murphy (G)/ Cincinnati
2016 Champion - Beaver Kings
- World Lacrosse Rules (click for rule book) with the following amendments
- Games will be two 20 min running half's. 3 min half time and 5 min to warm up before game.
- Each team will get one 30 second time out per game. No time outs the last 2 minutes.
- Stop time the last 2 min if teams are within 3 goals. If we enter a the last 2 min stop time it will stay stop time.
- Overtimes will be sudden victory with no timeouts.
- Pool play games will be one 4 min 4 v 4 followed by a 3 man shootout. If still tied each team will send one player out until a winner is declared.
- Championship/Consolation games will be a 10 min 5 v 5 until a winner is declared.
- Fighting may result in expulsion from tournament.
- Clearing will be 10 seconds instead of 8.
- All players and staff must complete the online waiver before stepping on the floor.
- Players may only play for one team.
Measures for 2020/21 Events – Updated 11/20/2020
Unless prohibited by federal, state or local order, Bearpaw is committed to safely running lacrosse events during the summer of 2020. While adhering to all federal, state, and local guidelines, we will attempt to provide opportunities for participation in sport and as safe an environment as possible considering current circumstances.
Athletes, parents, officials, and staff will be responsible for screening themselves for COVID-19 related symptoms prior to attending or participating in any of our events. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, or if you’ve. Had close contact with an individual with confirmed COVID-19, you should stay at home, consult your primary care physician, and follow CDC guidelines for quarantine and isolation.
Please use the following graphic as a guide for self-screening:
Game Day Precautions
Due to Covid 19 here are some of the precautions we will be in place.
- Please limit fans to 1 per player when possible.
- Do not show up if you have recently come into contact with someone that has Covid, you are sick or show symptoms of being sick.
- Everyone should have a mask available. You are not required to wear one while playing.
- If provided Locker rooms are only open to the goalies for our indoor location’s. Please don your gear in the parking lot. When games are done please immediately leave the building and ungear by your car.
- Bring your own water as it will not be provided at the events.
- Bathrooms will be limited to one person at a time.
- Benches. Please maintain social distancing while on the benches. Players may use the bench and sub box to accomplish this.
- Spectators are allowed but they must wear masks, stay in the bench area across from the players and must practice social distancing. Members of the same family may sit together.
- Please have hand sanitizer with you and use it when needed.
- Anyone that does not follow these guidelines will be asked to leave the event.
There are certain segments of the population who are at an increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19 including individuals who are 65 years of age or older, those with heart, lung, kidney, or liver disease, those with diabetes, and those with immunodeficiencies. These individuals should not attend our events.
If You are Sick
If you become ill on the day of the event, please stay at home. If you have had close contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please stay at home. Please view these CDC guidelines on what quarantine and isolation, what they mean, and when you should use them.
- If you are sick on the day of the event (e.g., sneezing, coughing, sniffles, have a fever, or don’t feel well), please do not attend the event.
- Anyone repeatedly sneezing or coughing may be asked to immediately leave the premises.
- Those returning from a country with ongoing COVID-19 infections should monitor their health and follow the instructions from public health officials.
Personal Protective Equipment
- All staff should have PPE such as face masks and gloves.
- All attendees including staff, players, coaches, spectators, and officials must have a face mask with them. Face masks must be worn when in communal settings and when in close proximity to others. All attendees will be responsible for bringing their own facemask.
- We will provide 1 hand sanitizing station per 3 fields.
- This does not include players / officials while playing / officiating a game.
- Players should don their gear in the parking lot before entering the field of play and after the game should immediately leave the area and take your gear off by your car.
Everyday Preventive Actions
All attendees should practice everyday preventive actions – including, but not limited to:
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol) if soap and water are not available
- Abstain from touching their face (mouth, eyes, or nose)
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw tissue in the trash or use the inside of your elbow
- Avoid touching frequently touched surfaces (railings, doorknobs, countertops etc…)