Welcome to the Border Wars box tournament! This box tourney started in Historic Irvington at the Ellenberger Ice rink aka “The Barn” in January of 2016. The Barn is an old ice rink that was used by the Indianapolis Checkers, who have since relocated to Colorado. While in Indy the Checkers were part of the New York Islanders during their Stanley Cup dynasty. Now new dynasties are being formed and topppled in the box world!
Border Wars: December 18-19, 2021
New Location: Sports Plus 10765 Reading Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45241
Division: Senior A/B
Approximate Game Times:
Saturday - 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sunday - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Eastern Time Zone. Doors open 45 min prior to the first start time.
- Fee: $1250 per team. A $500 deposit is due upon registration
- 4 game guarantee with some teams getting 5
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- Sport court playing surface
- Boards all around - no opening behind goals
- NLL Rules with minor amendments
Past Teams & Results
2021 Champion - Milwaukee Muskies
Runner Up - Cleveland Demons
2020 Champion - Cincinnati
Runner Up - Cleveland Daemons
Offensive MVP -
Defensive MVP -
2019 Champions - Cincinnati
Runner Up - Kenards
Offensive MVP -
Defensive MVP - Dustin Gregory (G) / Cincinnati
2018 Champion - Cincinnati
Offensive MVP - Andrew Newbold / Cincinnati
Defensive MVP - Sean Murphy (G)/ Cincinnati
2016 Champion - Beaver Kings
- NLL Rules with the following amendments
- Games will be either 20 20 min halfs or three 12-15 min periods. 3 min breaks and 10 min to warm up before games. Format will be based on the number of registered teams.
- Each team will get one 30 second time out per game. No time outs the last 2 minutes.
- Stop time the last 2 min if teams are within 3 goals. If we enter the last 2 min stop time it will stay stop time.
- Overtimes will be sudden victory with no timeouts.
- Pool play games will be one 4 min 4 v 4 followed by a 3 man shootout. If still tied each team will send one player out until a winner is declared.
- Championship/Consolation games will be a 10 min 5 v 5 until a winner is declared.
- Fighting is not allowed. Fighting may result in expulsion from the tournament.
- Clearing will be 10 seconds.
- All players and staff must complete the online waiver before stepping on the floor.
- Players may only play for one team.